Today is the 2nd day for the Sister Stamps Zodiac Release Year of the Rat. The frame used on the card is from the Silhouette on Line Library Asian Frame. Papers used: Washi paper from Hanko Designs, Recollections Blue, White, Black card stock, Stampin Up Brocade Blue Card Stock. The Cuttlebug Asian Embossing Folder also used for the small front panel.
Pull up the lantern panel which slides up to reveal the computer generated message:
Copic colors used: Black 110, R81, R00, W1, W3, W5,First, stamp the image, color the bottom image and color top image - eliminating the tail and left ear. Then pop with foam squares to create this look. Then pop the entire image with foam squares.
Rat Kanji SVG made using SCAL computer program. Ovals are made also using SCAL library basic shapes. Easy to customize the Kanji and the ovals to fit perfectly.
To make this basic card:
(1) 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, scored on the 8-1/2" side @ 4-1/4" (I actually used my machine to cut this since there was a 3 sided opening on the card front). The 3 sided opening depends on the image or frame being used for the card. The opening can be cut using a craft knife or cutting machine. Note: the following measurements are based on the frame size used.
(1) 4" x 5-1/4" Frame (opening is 2-1/2" x 3-1/2")
(1) Washi mat (opening is 2-1/2" x 3-1/2")
(1) 3-1/2" x 5" white card stock
(1) 3-1/2" x 1-3/4" Brocade Blue card stock - embossed
(1) 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" white card stock with printed message
CC Designs Line of Lanterns Cling Stamp and Chinese Lanterns Die. Color two of the lanterns using Copic B26, B23, B32. Use the Copic colors to color the tassels on the lanterns, too.
Adhere the 2-1/2" X 3-1/2" message onto the front:
Add sticky tape to these pieces:After adhering the front frame and washi, cut out both the front and back of the card as shown.
Position the 3-1/2" X 1-3/4" embossed panel as shown (front view with card front lifted up):
Place the 3-1/2" x 5" panel on top: be sure to line up the top of the card to the top of the panel
Last step is to remove sticky tape from the card front and secure.
Hop on over to the other participants in the continujed Zodiac release:
SS Blog: http://sisterstamps.blogspot.com
Patti: http://creationsbypatti.blogspot.com (you are here)Eunice: http://astarforchiemi.blogspot.com