Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spider Treat Boxes

Talk about a cute treat box. This SVG cut file is from My Scrap Chick (it was free at one time - so if you have SCAL (Sure Cuts a Lot 2/3), sign up for their weekly free images). I cut the project using my Silhouette machine. Finished size 4"x 2-1/4" and WOW, holds a whole bunch of candy!!! Yes, the spider cut file is also included! The card stock used is from my stash (got a whole bunch of Halloween paper when it was 70% off......now there's a deal!)
See what I mean? Inside is a Glow in the Dark Spider, too along with the candy. Don't you just love the gummie fingers?
Side view: The Orange flower is from Recollections and the purple flower is a rolled using the same purple card stock as the box bottom.
Trick or Treat printed grosgrain ribbon (gads.........I am so glad I finally got to use this ribbon I've had forever in my stash):
And the spider: use a white gel pen to add some interest on the body, pop it up with foam squares:

Cute project, eh? It would also be cute to make for Christmas.....filled with cookies and a glitter snowflake on top with a holiday image. hmmmm.............






2 comments:

Jan Castle said...

OOooo, creepy crawlies!!!! Really cute Patti!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Jenny said...

OH you are so talented Patti! Love these!