The inspiration for the cool Lever Pop-Up card is from Thienly who is one of the Designers for SVGcuts.com. See her fabulous creations on the Craft Zone section at SVGcuts.com. She also has a blog and Facebook page: www.modpaperie.blogspot.com where many of the projects are posted. Thank you Thienly for your patience and help to allow me to make this card for my special friend.
This project is a Gift for a very special friend. It's a Lever style B'day card: Asian style!
The card: card front is embossed. front card mat is also embossed and flanked with punched vellum butterflies along with a SCAL SVG cherry blossom cut file, SCAL SVG Fan cut file.
Here's a closer detail of the mat details:
First: the gift envelope..........LOVE that patterned paper by My Little Shoebox with a strip of punched cherry blossoms (Martha Stewart punch) with a cherry blossom closure. Centers of the cherry blossom are 1/2" punched circle attached to the back
The gift tag is a stamped banner with "Happy Birthday" in both English and Chinese. The banner stamp is from Stampmagick - there are interchangeable words that fit into the banner.
Open the flap to reveal the gift: a lattice metal die. Love that flat invisible Velcro closure.
Love this stamp in the back of the envelope: "Proud Creation" is from Stampmagick
Here's the opened card:
The contrast solid color words "Happy Birthday" are off set a little to show the background of the patterned paper.
To make this project:
(1) SVG Premium Pop Up Cut file front, embossed - finished size 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
(1) Inside car SVG Premium Cit file with "Happy Birthday" imported into cut file - finished size 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
(1) 3-3/4x 2-1/2" Solid Contrast mat, (1) 3-1/2" x 2-1/4" solid embossed mat
(1) 3-1/2" x 3/8" stamped Vellum message.
(1) Solid " Happy Birthday" cut from SVG Premium Pop Up Cut file
(6) Cherry Blossoms with centers from Japanese Flower Girl: My Scrapbook Chicks
(1) Fan SVG Cut File from Scrappedlives.info, a shadow for the fan will need to be created
(2) large punched Martha Stewart Butterflies in Vellum
(3) Small punched Martha Stewart Butterflies in Vellum
To carefully secure the contrast words, first: score in between the two words. Using two C-Thru rulers, carefully fold up the words. Use one ruler to anchor one of the words, the other to guide "up" the word as shown.
Position the stamped message on vellum. Piece, then adhere with brads on each side.
Be sure to check the outside and inside card, shave off excess as shown if necessary;
Apply dimensionals to the front mat, fan, and cherry blossoms as shown:
At this point, the inside should look as shown in the photo. Then randomly adhere the cherry blossoms and punched vellum butterflies. Mini glue dots used to adhere the butterflies.
- Stamps: Stampmagick, Papertrey's Big Birthday Wishes
- CS: SU Riding Hood Red, SU So Saffron, SU Chocolate Chip, My Little Shoebox Oasis Summer Right DSP, SU Vellum Card Stock
- Ink: Black Staz-on, SU Chocolate Chip
- SCAL SVG Cut Files: from SVGcuts.com Premium Pop-up Cards and Lever Card Pop-up, from My Scrapbook Chicks Japanese Flower Girl, from Scrappedlives.info Fan
- others: 1/2" Circle Punch, Cuttlebug Cherry Blossom Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Small & Large Butterfly punch, Martha Stewart Large Cherry Blossom Punch, Velcro adhesive dots, SU Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
I hope you enjoyed this project...........I enjoyed creating it for my special friend, Gail W.