Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

This is my Year of the Rabbit card: I love using that Calendar Cricut Cart with the "Chinese New Year" message (again cut at 2"). It fit perfectly into this area. I pulled out my favorite retired SU Artful Asian stamp set and randomly stamped the coins using black ink on the Real Red mat. The Year of the Rabbit is a special stamp ONLY made in Hawaii by Stampettes.

This view has less glare?

The Year of the Rabbit is embossed in Black and then lightly colored - his cheeks are a little smudged: wonder where I picked up that dirt.dirty rabbit. Pop the image on dimensionals on top of the knotted Gold Organdy Ribbon.

Inside message: I'm so glad I got this $1 stamp during the holidays, I knew I would be able to use it. The Asian words are not a direct translation - they say wishing you luck!

Supplies:
  • Stamps: Art of Asia (retired), "Happy New Year" $1 stamp from your local store, Asian words from Chinatown Local Store, Year of the Rabbit: Stampettes of Hawaii
  • CS: Black, White, Real Red, Natural Ivory, Gold (non SU)
  • Ink: Black, Real Red, Versamark
  • Accys: 1-1/2" Circle Punch, 1-3./4" Circle Punch, Gold Organdy Ribbon (non SU), Dimensionals, Black Embossing Powder, Calendar Cricut Cartridge, 5/8" Gold Organdy Ribbon

Thank you for stopping by today......only a couple more days before the Chinese New Year begins

3 comments:

eunice said...

Another great New Years card! Gonna have to check out that calendar cartridge...who'd think it would have a Chinese New Year sentiment! Love the cute rabbit stamp too...only in Hawaii? I'd better pay more attention...lol!

Susan Joyce said...

Happy Chinese New Year Patti, hope you have a fabulous day.

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the font - wording - is that on that calendar cart? I'll have to look again! thanks