Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Here's the card:
One of the special gifts in the carton was a banner made from colored foam. These were left over from a recent party so it was perfect to use. The butter fly shape is also foam. Card stock was matched up to each flower before the letters were cut through the Big Shot.
Here are the letters H-A-P-P-Y:
Multi colored scalloped circles added color to the foam flowers.
Here's one finished side of the butterfly: love this little girl - she's made using the circle scissor plus (2-5/8" diameter) with two 1-1/4" Punched Black CS Circles. I decide to ramp up the background by stamping the swirls in Black on the foam butterfly and foam flowers. Flower blings were added to the hair buns along with 1/8" pink bows. Like the blings on the scallop circle, too? The crop-o-dile was used to punch the extra large brads, connecting the foam flowers.
I will not attempt to take a photo of this banner all stretch out - the photo never turns out. Here are all the foam flowers connected using grosgrain ribbon: H-A-N-A is spelled out on one side. Each floam flower is 5-3/4" x 5-3/4". Total length of this banner is 34" long.
On the flip side: H-A-P-P-Y is spelled out - she is always happy! On the foam butterfly, I was actually able to use the Extra Large Flower punch through extra yellow and orange foam. Not difficult at all.
- Stamps: Baroque Motifs
- CS: DSP (non SU), scraps of Pixie Pink, Summer Sun, Green Galore, Only Orange, Whisper White, Real Red, Blush Blossom, Black.
- Ink: Black, Pretty in Pink (for cheeks)
- Accys: Big Shot Natural Serif Alphabet, Big Shot Scallop Circle #2 Die, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Extra Large Flower Punch, Scallop Boarder Punch, Extra Large Brads, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" and 1/8" pink ribbon (non SU), Black and Real Red Stampin Write Pens, Daubers, Mini Glue Dots, Crop-o-dile, adhesive rhinestones and flowers (non SU).
Thank you for stopping by today..............remember my New Year goal? use what you have.........I am trying to do this and by doing so am creating some fun gifts, too!
Monday, March 29, 2010
Can you guess? They are File Folder Note books. I had made a few of these in February (previous blog posted on February 15, 2010 for the instructions "how to").
Here are some of the File Folder Notebooks with Monogrammed initials. This time I cut Whisper White CS to make a "shadow".
Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Bottom side of cartons are not embossed:
Very Vanilla Version:
Pretty in Pink Version:
The sandwich recipe to emboss Vellum: Tab1, clear plate, embossing folder with milk carton in between, clear plate on top. The textured folder will not fit the fulllength of the milk carton. You will need to run it through the Big Shot again but only in the spot that is not embossed.
The embossed vellum looks like this. The bottom flaps were not embossed.
- Stamps: Tiny Tags
- CS: Card Stock Vellum, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Rose Red, Certainly Celery
- Accys: SU Exclusive Big Shot Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, SU Exclusive Milk Carton Die, SU Textured Impressions Perfect Polka Dots Folder, SU Exclusive Textured Impressions Final Press Folder, SU Textured Impressions Manhattan Flower Folder, SU Exclusive Little Leaves Embosslit Die, Medium Jewelry Tag Punch, Pink Taffeta Ribbon, White Taffeta Ribbon, Eggcellant Eggs Kit, White Clip (non SU), Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Tape
Thank you for stopping by today...............HUGs!!!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
See the cute lady bug clip
(9) punched Pretty in Pink CS Wings from the Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch
(6) Barely Banana CS Wings from the Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch
scrap for the message to be stamped
Place the Old Olive Pattern DSP along the bottom of the carton and create folds from the carton sides (do not adhere to the carton flat - there will be trouble! if this is done!). Apply a little snail adhesive to the bottom of the handle on the 1/4" section to keep it in place. After folds are made to the Old Olive DSP, adhere . Piece the hole for the bottom of the handle and put the brad through now. Fold the Bashful Blue flaps under the carton and cut off the excess stems.
Last step: stamp message and use Medium Jewelry Tag punch. Attach with a fun ladybug clip (found this in my stash and it works great!)
- Stamps: Tiny Tags
- CS: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Old Olive, Old Olive Designer Pattern DSP
- Ink: Black
- Accys: SU Exclusive Big Shot Bigz Milk carton Die, Extra Large Two-step Bird Punch, Silver Brads, Scallop Boarder Punch, Sticky Tape, Dimensionals, Piercer
Thank you for stopping by today...........HUGs!!!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Close-up of the Lavender one with the Shades of Spring DSP:
Close-up of the Real Red versions with Sending Love DSP:
Use Old Olive and Lovely Lilac Stampin Write pens for the message, then punch using 1-1/2" Circle Punch. For the Real Red Flower Pot version, use Real Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write Pens.
After scoring the flower pit and cutting the shape, use the texture plate:
Use Scallop trim boarder punch for one side of the Old Olive CS as shown:
Pierce each side of the pot about 1/2" from the edge, apply the brad. Prong side will be the front and brad side will be the back.
Add sticky tape for the scallop pot top to cover the brad legs. Use pop up glue dot for the back large Lovely Lilac flower.
- Stamps: Whimsical Words
- CS: Sending Love DSP, Shades of Spring DSP, Lovely Lilac, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Old Olive
- Ink: none
- Accys: SU Exclusive Big Shot Flower Folds die, Big Shot Texture Plate #4, 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Brads, Pop Up Glue Dots, Sticky Tape, Piercer, Scallop Trim Boarder Punch (SAB), Real Red-Old Olive, Lovely Lilac Srampin' Write Pens.
Thank you for stopping by today.....HUGs!!!