Friday, July 23, 2010

Asian Birthday Thank You Cards

Thank you all for visiting this week.....My Las Vegas album didn't come together as I had hoped. In fact. I had to rip it apart (scrapbooking surgery!) - that feels good!!! I was not happy with how to close the book and pages so back to the drawing board to figure it out........l also have been busy making "thank you" cards for the group this week. Here it is. I used a variety of different stamps, dies and paper to pull this together..........I call it my blended card...........because of the variety of companies used. I used to have this style of haircut when I was small when I couldn't give an opinion about how I wanted my hair to be cut...........bowl style! This card came just the way I wanted.

Here's a close-up of the girl: she has a adhesive gold rhinestone in the center of the flower in her hair.

Here's what I needed to make the cards: The background Asian Word stamp used black ink on Naturals Ivory. The Bright Gold paper is used to behind the background Asian Words. Another stamp company was used for the Asian style "thank you" which is embossed in black under the girl.

Copic marker colors used on the image along with Gold smooch dotted on the fans.

Here are all the girls in a row in my favorite colors:
Pop them with dimensionals and attach on to card front.
SU Supplies used:
  • CS: Real Red, Black, Naturals Ivory
  • Ink: Black, Versamark
  • Accys: Dimensionals, 2 Way Glue Pen, Black embossing powder

Thank you all for a wonderful week , celebrating with me...............it was really memorable! Have a great , weekend............I will have the album finished for Monday's posting.

11 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hi Patti!

These are lovely! I can see why you love red - it is such a happy color!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend with your family!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card. How did you make the corner borders? Are they made with a punch? They are absolutely a great design.

Helen said...

Love the corner accents. What a cute card!

Unknown said...

what stamp company is the girl from? so cute!

Unknown said...

cute card - can you share what stamp company you used for the girl?

Creations by Patti said...

Charlotte -

e-mail directly for the info on the doll stamp. (pattislee@aol.com)

thanks,
Patti

suzi said...

Happy Birthday! All of your birthday gifts were great. Such creative people. Those are my favorite colors too.

I was wondering if we share a birth date...15th? Suzi

katou said...

As I am an addict of everything asian style,I love so much your card.
Hugs.
Katou

Evgenia Levitskaya said...

I liked it-)))

eunice said...

Great thank you card...with so much intricate details on each one! You had to make how many? Love the Asian girl stamp...and the corner embellishments...is that a sizzix die? I want one!

Mary said...

Great card! Love the colors and how it all comes together. What did you use to make the black corner accents - it is a punch or a die cut? I didn't see it mentioned in your recipe listing at the end.