Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Petite Origami Box

Here's a project to share with you all: No doubt these Origami Boxes have been around. This one is slightly smaller in size: finished measurements is 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" and uses one sheet of CS.........love that!!!!

Inside contains (3) Almond cookies:

Supplies needed to complete project:
(1) 10" X 7-1/2" Real Red CS
(5) 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" Sending Love DSP, cut (3) of these in half.
(2) Old Olive Little Leaves
(1) 1" x 10-1/2" Real Red Belly Band

Template for the Origami box using a 7-1/2" x 10" CS: Best to do all the scoring, then cut afterwards
SCORING:
On the 10" side: score 1-1/4", 3-3/4", 6-1/4", 8-3/4"
On the 7-1/2" side: score 2-1/2", 5"

CUTTING:
On the 10" side: First cut 2" down to the scored 5" line, and also cut 2" up from the bottom to the 2-1/2" scored line. Second cut is 8" down to the scored 5" line, and also cut 8" up to the scored 2-1/2" line
On the 7-1/2" side: First cut is 2-1/2" in from the left edge and 1-1/4" . Cut down to meet the scored 3-3/4" line. Continue straight down to the 6-1/4" scored line and cut to 8-3/4. Do the same cutting for the right side of the box.

Punch through 10 layers of tissue for the flower:

Pierce, then add Rhinestone Brad through all layers.

Progression of a tissue flower: Starting out "flat", crumble tissue into a ball, separate layers as shown in the far right using a piercer or scissors.

After scoring and cutting, adhere sticky tape as shown below:

Place Cut DSP as shown: note: the side DSP should be placed at the very edge of the Real Red CS and NOT 1/4" away.
To assemble the box, First: remove sticky tape to make the center box:

Remove back of sticky tape, fold in sides (see pink arrows):

After securing both sides, your project should look like this:

Fold up sides. Box is complete.
Position leaves on top of belly band, secure with Pop up Glue Dot. Adhere Tissue flower on top of box.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: none
  • CS: Real Red, Old Olive, Sending Love DSP, Pink Tissue (non SU)
  • Ink: none
  • Accys: SU Exclusive Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Square Fire Rhinestone Brads, Piercer, Pop Up Glue Dots, Sticky Tape, Piercer.

Thank you for stopping by today.....................HUGs!!!

10 comments:

MoonPrincess22 said...

Great Box! You are such a talent. I'm glad I found your blog & believe me, I LOVE it!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a great box. TFS.

5price4ever said...

I was in the need for a secret sister gift and this fit the bill perfectly.You are so clever!!We live Hawaii so I loved your Chinese New Year posts. Hope you had good time celebrating!!!

Brenda said...

I love how you used tissue paper for the flowers!

Maylee said...

Hi Patti, I've been lurking your blog FOREVER! Just want to let you know that your creations are amazing thank you for all the tutorials!!

Nessie said...

Patti - I love this box (and have never seen it before. Do you know, whether there is somewhere the same box in cm instead of inches? To get a perfect fit, I cannot just eyeball it. I would really appreciate it, if you would know a site with metric measurements.Thank you so much in advance!!!

eunice said...

Been wanting to try this box for a long time now...but I really LOVE how you decorated yours! So beautiful with the tissue flower! You have renewed my interest in trying this again!

Anonymous said...

Love the box. I like the fact that it only uses regular cardstock versus a 12 x 12 sheet. All of your Asian themed projects are awesome.

Janis L Ussery

Katherine said...

I love the tissue paper flowers, and thanks for the origami box directions!

Tanja said...

Hi Patti.
I absolutely LOVE the box and posted a couple I made to my blog. I gave a link to your blog so my friends could follow your wonderfully laid out tutorial and pictures. Thanks for the great inspiration!