Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Happy Holidays to you all.........here's my tree at Thanksgiving with all the lights on..........quite a chore! Great exercise going up and down that ladder. I have to put them on every year and take them off..........there are about 1200 little bulbs on this 10 foot tree! Looks great but considered naked!

And, here is the tree with 800+ small little ornaments that have been created by myself or friends through the last 30+ years......most are red and teddy bears.........this job takes about 4 hours to complete. I just stand back and take a deep breath! It can only get done while listening to Holiday music and humming along..............

And look who is on top of the tree: it's the Muffy Angel..........does anyone remember this collectible bear? I added lights inside the dress (shielded by aluminum foil, of course. Otherwise she may catch on fire!) Picture is out of focus because I had to zoom in at max.
Talk about last minute gift wrapping.........pillow boxes with initials..........inside: cash!!! The best!!!
Well, I do hope everyone had a good time today whether you are with friend and family or by yourself........sometimes peace and quiet is so wonderful...............it certainly was hectic but I wouldn't have it any other way.............."live like there's no tom".............on to 2010!!!

4 comments:

Whimcees said...

I remember Muffy! I owned Muffy and all her wonderful outfits, etc. at one time. :<)

Beautiful tree Patti! Wishing you a wonderful day today with your family! Merry Christmas!

Barbara Diane

DeeDee said...

Thanks for sharing Miss Muffy/...Merry Christmas

Carey said...

Oh how beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us. I love looking at what other people do for their Christmas tree.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

eunice said...

Love your tree, Patti! I myself am a teddy bear fanatic and our tree is teddy bears and ice skaters. Teddy bears for me and ice skaters for my dd who ice skated competitively prior to graduating high school.
I know what you mean about putting the tree up...but taking it down is such a drag!